5 Ways To Love On Your Wife
If you didn’t catch last week, I wrote about 5 Ways To Love On Your Husband. I received so much positive feedback on the subject, that I thought it would be only fitting to follow-up this week with 5 ways to love on your wife. So men, read on and have some fun this week loving on your ladies! And women, leave this open on your computer for your man to stumble upon (wink)!
1. Unplug And Plug In: Turn off your phone, computer (or just the TV if that is your thing) and completely immerse yourself in the presence of your wife and/or kids. Whether it is important work that needs your attention or simply spending time on social media, take an evening to disconnect. If that is not possible, lock in a time frame that can be uninterrupted. You will be surprised at how much this means to us. Having your undivided attention is not only going to surprise her, but make her melt! Hint: If she is a mama that is glued to her phone, it’s okay to suggest finding a time to pair up together in this endeavor so she can be solely focused on you as well!
2. Know Her Love Language: I spoke about this in greater detail last week in 5 Ways To Love On Your Husband, but it is just as important when it comes to taking care of your wife. What is important to you is not always what is important to her. We were designed so differently! Here you can learn about dialing that in and figure out how to communicate to her through these simple and practical ways:
- Words of Affirmation
- Receiving Gifts
- Acts of Service
- Quality Time
- Physical Touch
Check this book out by Gary Chapman, titled: The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts. For free, you can take the quiz to find out your own love language. I encourage both of you to take it!
3. Ask Her If You Can Pray For Her: This actually serves as a double purpose. As women, we love to talk and discuss the problem. But, we are not always ready for you to fix the problem… So by asking to pray for us not only means you’re 1) listening, but 2) you are also taking a spiritual leadership role. I view myself as a strong and independent woman, but I still want my husband to be the leader of our family. By asking to pray over me regarding a specific issue, he is not trying to solve it, but rather, support me by building my faith through prayer.
4. Give Her Some Alone Time: Volunteer to take the kids off her hands so she can go get a pedicure or grab a glass of wine with a girlfriend. This can be amazing because you are giving her space and time for herself to re-energize. I guarantee she will feel stronger and more ready to conquer the world once she has had a bit of time to refresh. She will be able to be a better mom and a better wife. It also shows that you respect her and the amount of work it takes to take care of the kids and run the house. Whether your wife is a stay-at-home mama or a working mama, it is all hard work. Allotting time for her to recharge and refresh is huge to her psyche.
5. Let Her Know You Are Thinking About Her: This is a big one! We desire to be strong, capable women that can handle it all. But underneath that, we still want to be the apple of your eye. “I love you” is important and should be said everyday, but when we know you are thinking about us, it makes us feel cherished. So when we do cross your mind, let us know! It doesn’t need to be long phone call, just a quick text will do, but just a little love like that can be a big boost to our hearts.
So go out there and give your wife a little extra love this week! You might be surprised at how she responds!
I want to give a shout out to our dear friend Matthew Sumi who has taken all of the family photos on the site thus far. He is an amazing photographer and I highly recommend him!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information see my disclosures here