Here you will not find perfection. I make mistakes and fail often. But I LOVE learning from them! And that ultimately hits my heart to the core.
I’ve been married to my husband, Bleu, who I adore, for 4 years. We are a blended family of six that includes my 10-year old step-daughter, Brogan, 8 year old step-son, Grady, 6 year old son, Dexter, and a now 15 month old baby girl, Vivian! Before Vivian was born, I was a working mom with a career at Nordstrom as a producer and photography manager. We made the decision to say goodbye to my much loved job and say hello to my much loved monkeys in a way I have never been able to before. I am thankful for this season of life. And while there are plenty of things that are not easy, I enjoy navigating the waters and look forward to what is to come.
A little bit about me:
1) I do love the man upstairs. God has taught me so much and I am forever thankful that I chose to grow closer to him after my divorce rather than push him away.
2) You caught that? Yes, I have been married & divorced. I would never wish it on anyone. Through God’s grace and the support of my family and friends, I was able to work through it. It was a huge wake up call for me that I needed to start taking some accountability in my life and start living my life with purpose.
3) Currently, we reside in Tacoma, Washington. I grew up on Whidbey Island, just north and a ferry ride away from Seattle. I love going back to see my family any chance I get.
4) I love organization, attention to detail, lists, lists & more lists. And spreadsheets. And calendars!
5) I love to entertain and throw parties!
6) I was born in a car across the street from a vineyard on Whidbey Island. Yes, the doctor was in the car. As well as my father and brother.
7) Speaking of vineyards, I do love wine!
8) I am pretty private when it comes to social media. I don’t have a facebook account. Well, I just got one. My instagram is private… going public as I write this. And this blog is a huge step outside my comfort zone.
9) I adapt well to change. My life is a testimony of change.
Yep! It’s pronounced carrie.
Here, I hope you will find the beauty within the hot mess. We will see how this little blog takes shape, but I hope you will eventually be able to find opportunities to stretch yourself and tools to help build you up and be successful with the little things. Whether that is in regards to personal growth or you’re needing help with meal planning, throwing a party, or wrapping your head around how to stay on top of your family’s schedules, I am right here with you, working on it all!
Cheers to you! And thanks for stopping by!